Lots of new and soon-to-open local restaurants have been in the news lately. Keep an eye on our local business page, which we will continually update with new web addresses. Here is a summary of some of the tremendous culinary diversity soon to grace Columbia Heights:
- Paila Chilean Grill has been open for a few months on Park Road between 14th and 15th, and it was featured in this great Washington Post article.
Coffy Cafe, a coffee shop and crepery, will open in early 2012 on 14th Street, just north of Park Road. Keep updated on its progress via its Facebook page.
A new 24 hour diner / bar / lounge from the owner of The Diner and Tryst is currently under construction, and slated to open on 11th Street between Park and Monroe in April.
- The Pinch will serve contemporary American cuisine at 14th and Parkwood, beginning in the Spring.
- Construction is also underway at Jackie Greenbaum’s future taqueria on 11th Street.
- Le Caprice D.C., a french bakery, will open within a few weeks on 14th Street, in the Allegro condominium building.
- In other local culinary news, neighborhood favorite Room 11 recently began serving brunch, to rave reviews. Room 11 will soon be expanding into its adjacent building.